is a dedicated yogini, with over 25+ years` experience in yoga. Her background is in various yoga styles and traditions (Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Integral, Sivananda, Tibetan (Lu Jong) and Therapeutic yoga), which she has studied in India, USA, and Europe with great teachers including Swami Satchidananda, Swami Ramananda, K.Pattabhi Jois and his family, Tulku Lobsang Rimpoche and many others. Lea is also deeply inspired by Buddhist Vipassana meditation and is an advocate of the vegan culture. Her work and writings have inspired and motivated hundreds of people to change their lifestyle habits, and improve their health. Lea is a Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT-500 with the Yoga Alliance) and the founder of a Scandinavian yoga centre Zenit Yoga, a place to go for Yoga education in Scandinavia. She is also an associate at the Institute for the Health in Split, Croatia. Besides yoga, her formal education is Master's in psychology from a Norwegian university, with work experience as a university lecturer and HR consultant for international companies. Currently working on PhD project in Psychology at NTNU University, Norway, beside Yoga.
Connecting the dots...
- Born in Zagreb, Croatia. Loved to dance, write poetry, paint and play violin.
- Joined her mum´s Yoga class. Did headstand, fell down and wanted more.
- Started to teach Yoga to large groups in Zagreb
- Left Croatia as exchange student, to beautiful Norway.
- Painted at small art school in remote part of Norway for a year.
- Taught Yoga to local community - great response, and soon full-time dedication.
- Turning point; did not return to Croatia for the next 20 years.
1992 - 1999
- Studied at NTNU University in Norway, acquired Masters in Psychology.
- Conducted research on Yoga psychology contributed to population of Yoga in Norway.
- Passionate build-up of lovely Yoga community Zenit Yoga - still very much alive.
- Studied Yoga and Vipassana meditation abroad (India, Far East, WE); acquired -certifications in Hatha, Raja and Therapeutic Yoga.
2000 - 2005
- University lecturer at NTNU Norway, teaching Psychology bachelor and master levels.
- Conducting PhD study and research on Yoga (still to finalize, but no time!).
- Strong development of Zenit Yoga Studio in Norway together with dedicated practitioners and Yoga teachers.
- Intensively studying Yoga with legend Sri K. Pattabhi Jois & his family (Ashtanga Yoga) in India and Rev Swami Satchidananda (Integral Yoga) in India and USA.
- Intense Yoga activity: Regular international workshops and retreats in Europe, Africa and USA, together with a number of great international teachers.
2005 - 2006
- Moved to Amsterdam.
- Having a baby.
- Teaching at Yoga Garden and YogaTree studios in Holland.
- Starting up Gaiatree-Yoga, international teacher training program together with Katiza Satya.
2006 - 2010
- Basend in Barcelona, Spain.
- Having a 2nd baby.
- Less active, but still teaching workshops and retreats and contributing to International Teacher Training programs.
- co-writing 3 books on Yoga.
- Starting HR ( human resources ) consultancy work acquiring high competences in in-depth interview methodology and organizational psychology. Using Yoga skills, ethics and mindset in professional work.
2011 - 2015
- Based in Split, Croatia
- Teaching Yoga nationally and internationally beside full-time international communications/HR consultancy work.
- Enjoying family stage of life, with Yoga, nature, meditation and non-harm as main guidance.
- Based in Trondheim, Norway; Teaching yoga in Norway, Croatia, and Europe; Yoga retreats & vacations, workshops, TTs, yoga teachers mentoring and yoga counseling. Teaches in English, Norwegian, Spanish and Croatian on site and through Skype (classes and counseling). Writing a PhD, teaching at University.